Meal Benefits for MAO Plan Members—What’s All the Buzz?
The number of Medicare Advantage organizations offering meal benefits to their members is growing. In 2020, the number of payors doing so was 70 and it is projected to be 425 by the end of 2023, a 600% increase!
Currently, nearly 70% of Medicare Advantage plans offer a meal delivery benefit. In fact, it is the most common non-medical supplemental benefit in these plans. As of 2022, 40% of plans that offer this supplemental benefit did so at no additional premium cost.
Here are pertinent questions and answers for case managers about our innovative meal benefit program . . . that highlight the LiveWell with Traditions difference.
Q: How does the meal benefit program from LiveWell with Traditions fit in?
Q: Is the meal benefit available only to Medicare members?
A: No, in fact, a trend to be aware of is that insurance companies are offering this to dual-eligible members, which enables qualifying Medicare and Medicaid members to receive the nutrition they need.
Plus, our meal benefit is not limited to post-discharge individuals. LiveWell with Traditions also serves people living with chronic conditions and others who would benefit from receiving nutritionally balanced, medically tailored meals on an ongoing basis.
Q: Is there flexibility in terms of the types of meals for MAO plan members?
Q: Does your meal program comply with CMS protocols?
- Our IT policy and proprietary software exceed HIPAA/HITECH compliance standards.
- We have flexible, secure data exchange options available for eligibility, discharge, billing, and reporting (834, 837/835s, 270/271s, CSVs, flat-file).
- We offer extensive rollup/rolldown and customizable, detailed reporting, SLA, and billing options via our HPlan/PBP/segment-based data structure
Q: How big is the LiveWell with Traditions meal delivery service area?
Q: How does LiveWell with Traditions’ “last mile” delivery work?
Q: What is the biggest advantage to LiveWell with Traditions meal program?
- Our Customer Service & Logistics Center was created and customized for Medicare Advantage plans. A representative will call the individual to explain that their insurance plan offers and covers the meals, will facilitate delivery, and will call to make sure meals are delivered.
- You get robust metrics centered on the member experience and real-time access to data via our highly secure, integrable, web-based portal.
- Your organization will have a dedicated project manager for streamlined, timely implementation and exceptional, ongoing account management.
- LiveWell with Traditions has established strict grievance protocols, with grievances recorded in detail in a separate logging mechanism within our HIPAA- compliant CRM and delivery software, with real-time access and a highly efficient escalation process.
- Our drivers are carefully vetted with multi-step background checks for everyone’s peace of mind.
- Drivers will do a situational check, record observations, and communicate in any format your organization prefers.
- We offer 7-day-a-week delivery to accommodate recipients’ schedules.
- Over 95% of meal recipients state the delivery was on time.
We welcome your additional questions regarding the important aspects of our innovative meal benefit that case managers need to know. We work with case managers at Medicare/Medicaid and MAOs, hospitals, subacute and rehabilitation centers, and social service agencies. Please contact Livewell with Traditions for more information about our nutritious meal delivery program and the benefits it provides to support wellness for those in your care.